Let's face it . . . drinking protein to meet your macros and ensure you are building lean muscle just doesn't cut it. When you are on a caloric deficit, or monitoring macros tightly, you need to be able to switch it up and find ways to make food fun, without compromising your commitment. Here is a quick and easy dish to make when facing that sweet tooth.
Calories: 188 Calories / 36g of Protein
Makes: 1 angel cake
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35-40 mins.
1.5 cups Oatmeal or Oat Flour
20 egg whites
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1/2 cup Stevia
1 scoop Vanilla or Cinnamon Pro Refit
2 tsp Cinnamon
Directions: (Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
1) If using oatmeal you will need to blend 1 1/2 cups of it into Oat Flour. A multi blade Ninja works wonders for this. (If you have Oat Flour, just dump 1 1/2 cup into a bowl to be mixed in with other luscious goodness.
2) Whip 20 egg whites in a mixer, add 1 tsp of Cream of tartar and continue to beat.
3) Mix in 1/2 cup of Stevia and continue to mix until whites begin to peak.
4) Take the bowl of Oat Flour and slowly mix in.
5) Add 1 scoop of Cinnamon or Vanilla Pro Refit (link at the bottom of the page).
6) Add 2 tsp of Cinnamon before placing in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
*Remove from oven once done and add any additional fruit toppings you may want. Share your variations of this recipe with us. We would love to see your creations.
About the cook: Carlee Olivera is a fitness enthusiast . . . She has recently competed in NPC (multiple classes), has transitioned to powerlifting, and now a strongwoman competitor. On top of this she is a full time accountant and mother . . . (No excuses). Follow her on her journey through social media.
FB: Carlee Olivera / IG: fitcoupleidaho
Finish this recipe with the necessary Pro Refit Protein (24g of protein, 3g carbs, 5.1g BCAAs, 11.1g of EAAs per serving.